Saturday, January 18, 2014

In the beginning....

While I'm going through my transformation to a different photography style, I decided I need to revisit my past.  Look at how far I've come since the beginning.

All I can say is WOW!  The beginning was not exceptionally pretty.

From 2005:





OK, so NOT terrible, right?  Right??

Definitely not excellent though.  But everyone starts somewhere.  That was my first real year in business.  My first couple of weddings.  I was still learning.  There is a quote, "Your first 10,000 photographs are your worst." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson.  I think this is true.  No matter how many you have taken before, after another 10,000 photos you will be better.  I've rounded 10,000 photos a couple of times since 2005.

From 2006:





Better.  Definitely better.  More creative, to a point.

I had so many weddings in 2006.  In fact, one weekend I had two weddings.  One on Saturday, one on Sunday.  Strangely enough, same location.  It was fun.  Serious fun.  I loved being that busy.  I loved having so much to do.  I was creative, I was busy and I was having so much fun.

What do you think?  Did I improve?  After one short year, did my style seem to change at all?

No comments:

Post a Comment